<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11969108\x26blogName\x3dCambridge+Common\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://cambridgecommon.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://cambridgecommon.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-4528793327087001496', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, April 18, 2005

Hello, my name is Jamal Sprucewood

Welcome to all those who have found their way to this blog. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jamal Sprucewood, and I've been asked by the creator of Cambridge Common to serve as an Associate Editor. My primary interests on the blog will be the Undergraduate Council (UC), national politics, campus politics, music, movies, and whatever else I care to write about. There will of course be the occasional argument with the other Editors and criticism of the campus journalism monopoly - the Crimson (sorry, Indy).

"What kind of name is Jamal Sprucewood?" It's not a real name - it's a pseudonym. "Why a fake name?" Well, first of all, there is a factual basis for the name. Second, because I think it's funny. For those who really care, I think that my writing will soon give away my true identity (not to mention word of mouth), but until then, Jamal Sprucewood will remain, as a good friend of mine says, "an enigma wrapped in a conundrum shrouded by a veil hidden in a riddle obfuscated by a mystery."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home